Criterion 5: Service to the university and community
1. Partner with both Owatonna and Richfield Public Schools to provide year-long racial equity professional development.
2. Continue as a member of the Leadership Council by serving as the Chair of the Curriculum and Instruction Advisory Board (CIAB).
3. Launch and facilitate the third cohort of the Institute for Courageous Teacher Leadership.
4. Lead in the planning, preparation, and execution of the 2020 7th Annual Leading Courageously for Racial Equity Conference which will most likely be held virtually.
5. Coach in Project I4, an Equity-Centered Networked Improvement Community (EC-NIC) partnership with East Carolina University, NC for principals of STEM schools.
Method of Assessment
1. Formal and informal feedback from the Superintendents of Owatonna and Richfield Public Schools as to the effectiveness of the racial equity professional development.
2. Work as a team to create materials and practices that address how to best include curriculum and instruction about racial equity into classrooms.
3. Formal and informal assessments of the participants’ overall sense of their own racial equity development due to their participation in the Institute for Courageous Teacher Leadership.
4. Frequent assessments of the work stream as to completion of tasks and anticipation of any issues. Documentation of activities, agenda items, evaluations, etc.
5. Documentation of activities, agenda items, and evaluations.
1. Successful completion of racial equity professional development with the various constituents of the Owatonna and Richfield Public School districts' leadership.
2. Add to the repository of racial equity based groundings to be made available to every instructor in the College of Education. Continue to engage CIAB members in discussions and strategies to promote racial equity in each department's curriculum. Continue to participate and provide perspective as a member of COE's Leadership Council.
3. Successful and improved third year of the Institute for Courageous Teacher Leadership as evidenced by participants's engagement, comments, and survey results.
4. A successful Equity Conference as evidenced by participant and presenter evaluations and comments.
5. Provide support and coaching for Project I4 principals to further develop their observational and feedback equity skills to STEM teachers.